Sustainability Site Zero Waste Challenge 2021
2021 Zero Waste Challenge
WSU is excited to announce our first collaborative project with Coca-Cola.
The future is in your hands and the future begins now. Help make the Thursday, March 3, 2022 men’s basketball game against Oregon State University a Road to Zero Waste event. Not only can we excel on the court, but show what it means to be a Coug off it. WSU in coordination with PAC12 hosts an annual Zero Waste Challenge at a men’s basketball game. WSU competes with other conference members on diversion rates, creativity, and engagement.
This year Coca-Cola, WSU-Athletics, and WSU-Sustainability will host a contest open to WSU students. The students need to submit an idea on how to promote waste minimization, waste diversion, and sustainability through education and outreach. The submission is simply an email to Jason Sampson describing your idea. Submissions are accepted until December 1, 2021.
What does winning mean?
- Paid internship to help make the event happen with support from WSU and Coca-Cola staff.
- Funds from Coca-Cola and other sponsors to make your ideas come to life.
- Fantastic addition to your resume.
- Knowledge you made a positive impact at WSU
- Win the PAC12 Zero Waste Contest for your school
Winners will be selected by a committee representing Coca-Cola, Athletics, and Sustainability. Multiple winners may be selected.