Washington State University is committed through its Environmental Management System and Sustainability Initiative to continually improve its environmental performance. Continuous improvement will be achieved through support of teaching, research, extension and in the development and management of university facilities. The Washington State University – Pullman, Environmental Management System will be:
- Implemented through campus operation and facilities;
- Utilized to plan, design, construct, and operate WSU facilities;
- Used as a framework to monitor its progress and ensure continual improvement to meet or exceed environmental regulations;
- Support Executive Policy 24, Sustainability Initiative, and meet pollution prevention goals which follow the hierarchy of: prevention, recycling/reuse, treatment and disposal;
- Documented and communicated to its employees, students and the public.