Washington State University researchers untangle complex problems to enrich quality of life for us all. Their work safeguards the health of humans and animals. It helps ensure the security and abundance of our food supply. It cultivates sustainable sources of energy to power future generations. Discoveries and innovations of WSU fuel prosperity across the Pacific Northwest.
WSU’s Office of Research has worked with researchers to established many centers, institutes and labs to bridge research units and disciplines to answer these difficult questions. The constantly changing issues impacting society locally, regionally, and globally are better addressed when experts from multiple fields collaborate. WSU is a proud and active proponent of this shift in research philosophy.
The following is a list of some of the centers, institutes and labs at WSU:
- Center for Environmental Research, Education and Outreach (CEREO)
- Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources (CSANR)
- Composite Materials and Engineering Center (CMEC)
- Center for Transformational Learning and Leadership (CTLL)
- Clean Plant Center
- Water Research Center
- Energy Systems and Innovation Center
- Smart Environments Research Center
- Laboratory for Atmospheric Research
- Institute for Sustainable Design
- WSU Extension Energy Program